About my blog

In the past year, I have lost over 55 lbs while working full time and being a full time mom to Maddie, 5 and Carter, 2. I want to encourage other moms who are pulled in a million different directions every day - if I can do it, you can too. I promise it IS possible.

On this blog, you will find information about how I lost the weight (this is an ongoing endeavor!), recipes enjoyed by me and my family, couponing and saving money, thoughts on parenting, yoga, people in general, or whatever else I feel like blogging about that day.


Monday, July 30, 2012

Just Keep Swimming...

Last week I gained .2 at Weight Watchers. It doesn't seem like a lot, but it was only my second gain since I started. The gain was a result of my not tracking my points and a very teenager like attitude of "I want to eat what I want, when I want, and in the amounts I want." Since I've been doing Weight Watchers for so long, this is not as bad as it could be. Last weekend I was remembering what it was like to eat whatever the hell I wanted. Fondly remembering. Sometimes I just want to go get a hamburger and fries (and not the happy meal size). And then follow that up with a big cup of frozen custard. And maybe some pizza. Or a donut. But only from the donut place across the street from the library - where I work!! But I don't - well, usually I don't. Or if I do the hamburger just isn't very good after the first few bites, or the french fries are cold, and I wonder why I wanted them in the first place. (I have to say though, the donuts are always worth it).

On Saturday I went to buy some new clothes - and was very pleasantly surprised to find size 14s were loose and I could squeeze into a size 12. I started out this journey a size 18/20. So I know it's working, slowly but surely, and there are results worth not getting the hamburger. On Sunday I started counting my points again and getting back on track.

My point is there are always times when I want what I shouldn't have. There are always times when I'm tired of doing the work and want to just say "f*** it" and give up. And sometimes I do - for a little while. But I always manage to get back on track and keep moving forward. That's what matters - not the fall, but the getting back up again.

1 comment:

  1. Jeez! That's incredible. I'm a size 12/14 now and would LOVE to be a size 8 again. Need to get going on that! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete