About my blog

In the past year, I have lost over 55 lbs while working full time and being a full time mom to Maddie, 5 and Carter, 2. I want to encourage other moms who are pulled in a million different directions every day - if I can do it, you can too. I promise it IS possible.

On this blog, you will find information about how I lost the weight (this is an ongoing endeavor!), recipes enjoyed by me and my family, couponing and saving money, thoughts on parenting, yoga, people in general, or whatever else I feel like blogging about that day.


Sunday, July 22, 2012

Shopping with coupons

I have a love/hate relationship with couponing. I love saving money. I hate doing all the work to prepare for a shopping trip. Couponing is incredibly frustrating: you can't find a coupon, or you can't print a coupon, or they won't take the coupon, or it's not for the exact thing you thought it was. Not to mention I'm really horrible with math. So I go through phases where I do all the work and save lots of money and build up a little stockpile...and then I get tired of messing with it all and quit for a few months. Then I start paying full price for stuff I know I could get for free or very little and I go back to the couponing. Anyway, currently I am in a couponing phase. Today I went to CVS (my favorite couponing store), Target (my second favorite couponing store) and Walgreens (my most hated couponing store - there's nothing more confusing than couponing at Walgreens) and I saved 69% on mostly stuff we will actually use. Not bad. But any couponing website or person who says you should only spend an hour or even a few hours a week on preparing for your shopping trips is LYING.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go ! Savings is savings, period. you didn't pay full price & that is the goal. I look at anything over 50% as a bonus. and I agree with you, couponimg is So frustrating , h I have the exact same problems you do but I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed!! I have been "off" for a few months but my stockpile is getting low : /

    ReplyDelete