About my blog

In the past year, I have lost over 55 lbs while working full time and being a full time mom to Maddie, 5 and Carter, 2. I want to encourage other moms who are pulled in a million different directions every day - if I can do it, you can too. I promise it IS possible.

On this blog, you will find information about how I lost the weight (this is an ongoing endeavor!), recipes enjoyed by me and my family, couponing and saving money, thoughts on parenting, yoga, people in general, or whatever else I feel like blogging about that day.


Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gettin' jiggly with it

I went to see my doctor a few weeks ago (during which there was a conversation that is a post all in itself to be shared at another time) and my doctor recommended that I add exercise to my routine that would get my heart rate up - evidently she has not been to any of my yoga classes. She suggested I try Zumba. I found a class right after work on Tuesdays, so I thought I would try it out today. Whoa. I am really, really uncoordinated. It was pretty comical - the entire class would all be moving to the right, but I would be moving to the left. Everyone's left arm in the air... and my right arm in the air. Or I would just sway as I tried to figure out what the hell everyone else was doing. There was LOTS of jumping and bouncing. I may have lost 35 pounds, but I still have many jiggly parts. Actually, most of my parts are still pretty jiggly. The jiggly parts were not happy about being jiggled around vigorously for an hour. I left the class with no desire to ever go back.

Then when I got home I looked up the activity points value for an hour of aerobic exercise. (Activity points can be traded for food points in Weight Watchers). My hour of uncoordinated jiggly misery was worth 12 points! That's like an extra meal! 3 extra snacks! A good sized piece of cake! Maybe that hour wasn't so bad...

Later on this evening after Zumba my daughter wanted to have a "dance party." I got my tired butt up off the couch and ended up dancing with my kids for almost an hour. I didn't get tired or need to sit down. I laughed with them, shook my bootie with them, and sang off-key with them. I don't think I have ever played with them at such a high energy level for so long. Before I put them to bed, my daughter asked "Mama, can we do this every night?"

Damn. Looks like I'm going back to Zumba. Hopefully the jiggly parts will become less jiggly if I go on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment